What is SETAC?
The Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC) Europe provides the central scientific arena within Europe for dissemination, discussion and debate of high-quality science in the areas of environmental chemistry, ecotoxicology, environmental risk assessment and life cycle analysis. SETAC Europe offers a unique forum for environmental science experts across academia, government and business, to meet and discuss scientific issues and challenges. As a result, SETAC Europe provides a unique opportunity to facilitate the translation of environmental science into policy-making.
For more information about the Society, please visit www.setac.org.
SETAC is dedicated to
- promoting research education, communication and training in the environmental sciences;
- promoting the application of interdisciplinary environmental sciences in managing environmental stressors;
- participating in scientific interpretation and communication of exposure to and effects of environmental stressors, ecological risk assessment/management and solutions for global environmental problems;
- providing forums for communication and interactions among professionals on a multisector, interdisciplinary and multinational basis on environmental issues; and
- developing principles and practices for sustainable environments, considering appropriate ecological, economic and social aspects.