How to propose a Summer School
Who may propose a Summer School?
Summer schools may be proposed by SETAC Members being representatives of risk assessment offices, universities, research centres or laboratories having proved a sound expertise in the area. Speakers should have both experience and practice in the principles and methodologies presented during the training.
How to proceed?
Initially, provide SETAC Europe with a concept proposal containing an outline of the intended Summer School, the focus of the intended training, potential trainers, intended location and proposed dates.
Once accepted in principle, then provide a comprehensive proposal — DEADLINE 31 DECEMBER — with
- a detailed programme and description of examples of proposed training modules,
- CVs of the organizers and trainers running the course, and
- firm dates and location of the Summer School.
Please be aware that
- organizers should provide the needed financial support for the course,
- SETAC members should have a reduced fee, and
- an evaluation form must be filled by each of the course attendees and delivered back to SETAC office within 1 month after the course.
Benefits to Summer Schools Organizers
Summer schools and their organisers will benefit from publicity and recognition by SETAC. Organizers benefit through:
- advertisement of Organizers' training activities and acknowledgement on SETAC website,
- acknowledgement as supporter of SETAC Europe's education and student activities, and
- acknowledgement in SETAC Europe Annual Meeting signs and publications.
Summer Schools, practically?
Summer schools are conducted in summer (from June to beginning of September), at a suitable location close to the organiser. In order to ascertain that enough time is given to teaching, exchanges, self-working on case-studies and knowledge assessment, Summer Schools are organized over one to two weeks.
For further details on the content of submissions, contact the SETAC Europe Office:
SETAC Europe Office
Av. de la Toison d'Or 67
T +32 2 772 72 81
F +32 2 770 53 86